Monday, December 28, 2009

Do you agree that our relationships with others is a reflection of the relationship we have with ourselves?

I kind of agree with this statement. I never really had good self-esteem and didn't really like myself growing up. Therefore, I rarely had any close friends. I think the more comfortable someone is with themselves the more healthy their relationships will be.Do you agree that our relationships with others is a reflection of the relationship we have with ourselves?
I think often our relationship with others affects our relationship with ourselves. I also think that sometimes our relationship with ourselves affects our relationships with others. So it may seem like they are one in the same. But I don't think that they're necessarily mirror images. Some people that appear to have good relationships with others may actually have terrible self-esteem. Likewise, some people that don't appear to get along with others very well are actually confident and self-assured and simply don't like conformity.





I think it is a given that the more comfortable one is with themselves, the more healthy their relationships will be. I think the ability to be comfortable with ourselves in any given situation would affect our entire lives in general.Do you agree that our relationships with others is a reflection of the relationship we have with ourselves?
I had a similar childhood. After SO many conversations with my wonderful boyfriend and family about what happened I've learned it is the opposite. They had no self-esteem and that's why they were horrible to you. It is not your fault. People with low self esteem are amazingly sensitive and intuitive people... you just haven't come across the right person who will appreciate how great you are. While there is nothing wrong with building up your self image, bad friends will always be there to try and take what makes YOU truly great.
G The relationships we have with other persons is the reflection of the opinions we hold. That is much more operative and doesn't set up a conundrum.
I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment