Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do you not let political beliefs ruin relationships?

I try really hard not to, but I always end up changing my opinion about someone when they disagree with me politically, or don't support who I want to win for president. How can I change that? :P How do you not let political beliefs ruin relationships?
It sounds like you lack tolerance and understanding. One of the best things you can do is try to figure out why they believe the way they believe.





Many people just have their parents values out of ease, others go the opposite of their parents out of rebellion. Some people have their own view separate from their parents. Some have some significant event or person in their life that causes them to believe what they do.





If that's too difficult (cause that's a lot of homework) then maybe you should change your perspective. Disagree with those who don't do their homework on the candidates/policies and agree with those who did do the work.





I respect a friend of mine for learning about a candidate even tho I am opposed to their choice a lot more than a guy I know who just blindly sticks with a candidate based on one issue.





Hope that helps. Good luck!How do you not let political beliefs ruin relationships?
The point of politics is not who's right or wrong. But rather that we get two sides of the story so we can best come to logical conclusion's. Changing your views doesn't mean you don't accomplish anything, it just means you know how to compromise.
Just make sure you morality/central values aren't at stake. Other than that you need to respect their differences. For a relationship to work, it helps to have some core values in common. (not that I know much about making relationships work :P)
Don't talk politics.
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment